1903. First flight certificate of an airplane more weight do than the air. The flight of the brothers Wright
The first airplane with motor heavier than the air, flew the 17 of December of 1903, in the beach of Kltfy Hawk located in the locality of Weak Kill Sand HIII, in the state of Carolina of the North, piloted by Orville Wright. The strange device crossed 36 meters and constituted the beginning of the true development of modern aviation.
The apparatus had been made by the brothers Wilbur and Orville Wright. It reached a speed of 13.5 meters per second and flew during 12 seconds.
The flight was realised with great difficulty by the inexperience of the pilot to lead its machine.
Both brothers continued perfecting their primitive called airplane Flyer, and in the spring of 1904, using another greater and robust airplane already, with a motor of vertical cylinders of 16 horsepowers, they began to realise tests in the neighborhoods of Dayton, Ohio. To these they took them flights to acquire great experience in the pilotage and to reach distances every time majors. It is so the 9 of November of 1904, managed to surpass the five minutes of flight in which they reached to cross 4,600 meters.
In 1907, Wilbur starts off for Europe try do to commercialize the airplanes made by them; nevertheless, these attempts were not successful and was in the EE.UU., December of 1907, that receive the first official order of the Department military, which consisted of the manufacture of an apparatus that required its later evaluation.
In fact, the total success of the airplane of the brothers Wright consolidated the 8 of August of 1908, in the fields of Le Mans, France, when in comparative flights with other European apparatuses, it was very to superior in his maneuverability and agility, which was worth a great amount to them of orders and the request of several European companies of the license to construct them in the continent.
Original the Flyer airplane had Canard configuration (duck), increasing this way its lifts-to-drag ratio. The horizontal planes were then cough in front of the wings, and were movable and biplanes. The airplane owned a sliding chair, with which the pilot moved to regulate the inclination of the trailing edge of the end of the wings, and the angles of the vertical elevation to be able to control the cross-sectional operation.
It had a structure done completely in wood and was had with light fabric. The metal was only used to unite the different parts from tensile cables gig boat transmission of the two fans. Pose fan two with deduction of 0.28, and a motor cooled by liquid with a vertical radiator of great size. The gross weight of the apparatus was of 342 kg Had a wing area of 47.38 m2 and one spread of 12.28 meters. Their helices had a diameter of 2.60 meters, the motor of the original Flyer tapeworm 12 horsepower and reached the 1,020 RPM